Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Donny

Today is my birth father's birthday. I don't know why I wish to acknowledge that. I am sure he doesn't remember mine, my sisters or the fact that tomorrow marks 5 years since my oldest sister passed away.
I don't know if he has regrets about his life, but I don't want to have any in mine. I pray he finds the Lord and makes his life right before it is too late.

I used to want a relationship with him and couldn't figure out why he didn't want the same thing. I finally got over used to the fact he didn't want anything to do with anyone that couldn't supply him with all the booze he could drink.

I was adopted my the best man in the world and always felt guilty for wanting a relationship with my birth father. I do know refer to my birth father as dad/daddy/father or any other form of the word. I have a daddy (yes, I still call him daddy), the world greatest. He chose to be my daddy and as far as I know, he hasn't regretted it...I know I haven't.

So, happy birthday, Donny. I pray you find the Lord and make amends with your brother/s and mother before its too late and there are more regrets.

1 comment:

Just me said...

My birth father didn't choose to be my dad either, Deb. I did have a great Daddy though, and I completely understand how you feel. I do think that my birth father knows the Lord, but he chose not to know me.

(((hugs))) to you my friend.

Stacey