Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pamela Sue

When we were little, we fought like any other sisters. As we grew up, we became friends. I didn't always like the choices you made just as you didn't always like the choices I made but I always loved you and you always loved me. As the years passed, we became very close and I loved spending the holidays with you and your family and talking to you at least once every day.

I have so many great memories of us as children and as adults. But the memories that haunt me lately are of your last weeks, days, hours and minutes. At this time 5 years ago, you breathed your last breathe here on earth and took your first breathe in the presence of the Lord Almighty! I am so thankful that I know without a shadow of a doubt that you are in Heaven and I will join you someday.

I know it wasn't your plan to pass away that day. It wasn't your plan to make me the oldest child. It wasn't your plan to leave your children without their mother or your grandchildren without their grandmother...but it was God's plan. It is still hard to not have you here but I have to trust the Lord in all things, even in the death of the best big sister ever.

I miss you everyday and wish I could talk to you, hear your sweet laughter or even hear you call me Debra, which you know I hate with a passion.  I will cherrish my memories of you forever!!

I love you and miss you!!

No comments: